Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested

On Friday, July 29, 2016 10:08:52 AM CEST Volker Groll wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2016, 21:26:03 CEST schrieb Tim Rühsen:

> > > Yes, I came from stretch, and honestly I used aptitude dist-upgrade.
> > > apt-get dist-upgrade does not want apply any changes right now

> > > Sorry misleading you.
> > > I checked most of my installed kde packages to be on 16.04
> > > and started to throw away everything older.
> > > I of course installed the needed packages again.
> > > By this: For me okular is working without libokularcore7.
> >
> > okular 16.04.2-1 has a dependency: libokularcore7 (= 4:16.04.2-1)
> > You can see this via
> > $ apt-cache show okular
> >
> > > Both baloo and akonadi are not working as expected:
> > > On baloo when I try to index file contents it hangs indefinitely
> > > and I cannot find any open file handler within baloo_indexer or
> > > baloo_file_extractor hinting to a file causing this.
> > > BTW: with dolphin4 I can search (and find) the content of files!
> >
> > baloo does file indexing, akonadi does email indexing (and some more).
>
> I think I understand the basic purpose, but I miss tools and/or instructions
> to track down errors from a user perspective.
> Which (config) files to check / remove, access akonadi from command line,
> check caching stuff, databases? Then it would be possible to ask more
> precise for assistance. Exaggregated  I can only say: Search does not work.

I can currently 'akonadictl restart' without (serious) errors.

One type of error that I just fixed:
"AgentManager::agentInstanceSynchronizeCollection"  Agent instance
"akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0"  has no resource interface!

I searched for 'resource_0' in ~/.config/akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc and found a
few mail filter entries that referenced this resource.

In KMail "Settings->Configure Filters" these filters looked perfectly ok. I did
some changes forth and back and said 'Apply' - and voila the filter entry in
akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc had been fixed. I had to do this for every single
filter that referenced akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0.

Then I see another error, non-serious as I guess:
QSocketNotifier: Socket notifiers cannot be enabled or disabled from another
thread

It seems to be some programming flaw, see https://forum.qt.io/topic/59329/
qsocketnotifier-socket-notifiers-cannot-be-enabled-or-disabled-from-another-
thread

But besides this last one, I see no warning/errors in akonadi output any more.
At least now, indexing problems should not be some aftereffects.

Regards, Tim