Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested

Hi,

[snip]
> Does this also happen when you remove ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db? Move
> it out of the way and also have "initialIndexingDone=false" false set and
> then restart.

wait my systems tells me that the files are still under ~/.local/share/baloo/
contacts etc.

% ps aux | grep akonadi_in
% ls -lsa  /proc/<pid of indexer>/fd

> If that doesn´t work, I think I don´t have any idea anymore. Escept than to
> watch ~/.xsession-errors, with relevant stuff in kdebugdialog dialog
> enabled.

Well we can first test the xapian db itself. You need xapian-tools installed:

 % delve ~/.local/share/baloo/email
UUID = blablabla
number of documents = 40123456
average document length = 1900.00
document length lower bound = 3
document length upper bound = 6000000
highest document id ever used = 705000
has positional information = false

%xapian-cheeck ~/.local/share/baloo/email

and you can ask the terms for a giving element in akonadi by:
% delve ~/.local/share/baloo/email -r 297603
[see a list of all terms for this item]

to enable debuging output for akonadi search use kdebugsettings.
@martin kdebugdialog/ kdebugdialog5 are not more useful anymore for kdepim,
because it has switched logging to qt logging categories.

Regards,

sandro