Re: KDEPIM ready to be more broadly tested

Hi Tim,

Am Montag, 25. Juli 2016, 22:10:36 CEST schrieb Tim Rühsen:
> On Montag, 25. Juli 2016 17:24:45 CEST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> > > It shows up with green Button and "Ready".
> >
> > did you tried to restart akonadi? akonadictl restart? Because only with
> > that akonadi will recognize new agents etc.
>
> I even rebooted without effect.
> And I see absolutely the same issues at a different (much newer) Sid
> installation. Find Messages just doesn't work. The *akonadisearch* packets
> were also missing - I manually installed here as well.

I think you need to tweak this one:

martin@merkaba:~/.config> cat baloorc
[Akonadi]
aborted=false
agentIndexingVersion=4
dirtyCollections=
initialIndexingDone=true

I´d even just remove it, so it redos the initial indexing, cause if it has
"initialIndexingDone=true" in it, it won´t index the whole collections
anymore. I bet it may have this in it from KDE SC 4 times… after migration of
configuration, but I am not sure.

It stores the index data it stores in ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db – this
directory totals to 2 GiB on my system. In case that Xapian database is
corrupted somehow, it may crash. So for a clean start, it may make sense to
remove that directory as well.

And well when I say remove, I rather suggest you move it out of the way,
instead of removing it immediately.

As Sandro told, it needs to be "akonadi_indexing_agent" being active.
Additionally to that: You can´t configure Akonadi Search with Systemsettings,
Systemsetting just configured the desktop file search. Basically the mail and
contact indexing part of Baloo has been split out and is now Akonadi search.
Almost unchanged, except for search database location.

There is a way in KMail to disable fulltext indexing for folders, but as I
found out, Akonadi doesn´t respect that setting.

I do think Akonadi Search doesn´t receive much love at the moment, and it
shows.

Thanks,
--
Martin