Re: Is Kicker's search box fixed?

I had the same problem after upgrading on Stretch. There is a workaround:
Temporarily replace "testing" with "unstable" in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
Then do apt-get update, followed by:
apt-get install libkf5plasma5
This fixed the search box issue for me, and also fixed a problem with right-
clicks on the desktop and taskbar not working.
Finally, remember to change your /etc/apt/sources.list back to testing or
stretch, followed by an apt-get update.

Tim