Re: Plasma past G++ transition

On Thursday 03 September 2015 19:16:12 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> It seems like all the older virtual and meta packages are holding things
> back.

That could very well be the case. There are a number of virtual/meta packages
which have been 'retired' afaik

> I may go in and remove things like kde-full, and kde-workspace* (I
> think that was renamed plasma-workspace*?).

I do think that kde-workspace has been 'retired'; it's not available on my
system. Doing 'aptitude markauto kde-workspace' seems like a good idea.
Wrt kde-full I read on IRC that work is underway to make that
installable/upgradable, but since it includes the whole kitchen it naturally
takes to most time to get ready.

> But I really don't want to do without digikam which i read isn't updated
> yet.

Correct. Digikam is one of the applications which got removed on my upgrade
(and some calligra packages I apparently had installed). Bluedevil was another
one

> Not sure what I'll do yet, i do virtually everything on this machine and I
> don't want to break anything essential (like kmail). I'll wait longer if I
> have to.

Waiting a bit more is rarely a bad advice ;-)
The transition tracker may help in deciding how long to wait:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/