Re: Where to set KDEDIRS or alternative?

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:50:19 +0200
Michael Schuerig <michael.lists@schuerig.de> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>Yes, to keep them separated from other local stuff.

So, self-imposed, then.  Not unreasonable, of course.  Although it does
strike me as "making a rod for your own back".  IOW, making work for the
sake of it.  However, that's irrelevant to the problem at hand......

>Oh, but /usr/local/kde4/bin *is* in the PATH on my system. And with
>KDEDIRS set appropriately, KDE did find them there, too.

I'm unclear on that;  Was /usr/local/kde4/bin(1) included in the PATH
setting and KDEDIRS _also_ referred to it, or did only KDEDIRS reference
that specific directory?  Not that it matter much;  If the directory is
in the PATH, IDK why things aren't being found there.

(1) In your original post you referred to /usr/local/kde4,
not ..../kde/bin.  A typo, perhaps?

--
 Regards  _
It's your life so go your own way