KMail2 filter's duplicating messages, and other misc issues

Hi

I sent a version of this message a while back, but it seems the list was down
or something just wasn't working (my email server said the message couldn't be
sent)

I have several pop accounts setup to filter messages into a large list of
mailing list folders, and a bunch of messages are getting dup'ed.

I've tried filtering on the actual pop accounts, but nothing gets filtered. If I
set the filter to filter on "Local Folders" it works, but I'm getting these
duped messages when the filter /moves/ the messages into the destination
folder.

I've tried the following:

1. just pop accounts set to be filtered
   - nothing gets filtered
2. just Local Folders set to be filtered
   - I get dup mails on move
3. both pop and Local Folders
  - same as just Local Folders.

Other (minor) issues:

1. There's also long delays sometimes when selecting folders before the
message list fills in. (I am actually quite impatient, so this actually annoys
me quite a bit, but it really is a minor issue)

2. seems to be forgetting my passwords occasionally.

3. kmail is occasionally blocked from doing anything for long periods, with no
real indication that it's doing much of anything.

4. memory use is MUCH higher than it was with kmail1 according to ps_mem.
kmail1 would sit at arround 512MB on a good day, and 1GB~ when things started
going wrong, or I decided to open a bunch of large folders. kmail2 starts at
512MB by its lonesome, is at 768MB right now, and will grow larger, and that
doesn't include akonadi processes which are using an additional 350MB. I've
seen it get higher. quite a bit higher, 2GB+ for the combined kmail+akonadi
setup.

I have heard there are some changes in the works for akonadi to reduce memory
somewhat, that would be quite nice.

5. kmail crashes fairly regularly.

6. on laptop start up, kmail complains about waiting for a lock, and then
exits.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca