Re: [debian-kde] Re: kalarm broken by mysql upgrade?

On 2012-06-22 10:14, David Jarvie wrote:

> Good, I'm glad you got it sorted out. There is always a potential problem,
> in KAlarm as in other applications, if you try to use configuration or
> data files when stepping back to an older version of the application.

> Your experience makes me wonder whether a warning should be
> displayed if this happens, together with offering the option of making the
> files read-write regardless.

This sounds like a very good idea to me. I was also confused because at
some point there was only a "displaying.ics" and no "calendar.ics" file
in the share/apps/kalarm dir. I seem to remember that I saw no alarms at
all in the kalarms window - I didn't have the calendar pane open, then
loaded the displaying.ics file because I thought no file was loaded at
all, and thereafter the rolled back stable kalarm 4.4 crashed while
starting, perhaps due to creating calendar.ics anew and now loading both
files. I had also changed the version info in the displaying.ics file
back to 2.4 and deleted one line that seemed to be new in the 2.9
header, but by then all was fubar...

Regards,
A.