Re: how to ditch kde completely

Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2012 schrieb Richard Ibbotson:
> On Thursday 01 March 2012 13:54:32 Harry Putnam wrote:
> > I suspect one could get into quite a mess by just start `aptitude
> > remove' ing things, so wondered if anyone has worked out some kind
> > of procedure to follow so far getting rid of kde?
>
> apt-get remove kde-full ....   or ...
> apt-get remove kde
>
> You can just leave KDE where is it and just use LXDE.  Works for me.
>
> apt-get install lxde lxterminal leafpad lxsession lxmenu-data
> lxappearance

And then apt-get autoremove to remove dependencies that are not required
anymore. aptitude purge ~c if you want to get rid of the configuration of
removed packages. Carefully look at the outputs of both commands before
confirming - or adapting manually with apt-get markauto/unmarkauto /
purging only part of the packages.