Re: Approached DouDouLinux developers

> > dansguardian-squid
> > doudoulinux-mouse
> > doudoulinux-parentals
>
> These seem to be pretty straight forward, no?

I'd say yes but can't be sure about the quality of my packaging :).

> > laptop-hotkeys
>
> What does this package do? I mean, specifically; I sort of get the
> use case. :-)

In my memories, it just connects the LCD backlight events to a script
changing the backlight values or sending system messages (dbus?). It
seems this issue is now managed by full environments (Gnome, KDE, etc.)
but not in a generic way, independent from the desktop. Also without
this package, you can't change backlight from within DoudouLinux.

> > live-installer
> > live-persistence
> > liveusb-write
>
> Maybe these can be prepended with doudoulinux-* also?

I did not because I thought they were generic enough to be supposedly
useful to any other distro.

Note that live-installer shares a large part of code with system-tools.
Unfortunately it hasn't been written with components in mind (it's a
fork from Mint's installer) and then, it cannot easily benefit from the
modularization I introduced with system-tools. The code of system-tools
derives from live-installer. The final goal is to have a unique library
of meta-widgets to change time, date, language, keyboard, etc., common
to both packages. This library already exists but live-installer still
needs to be deeply patched in order to remove redundant code. I don't
know how to properly package Python modules either, it'll be required.

> > lxlauncher-session
>
> Seems straight forward. Are you the upstream for this?

Yes. And I've started to modify it for our move to wheezy. Kind of
theming will be introduced.

> > pianobooster
>
> This is already in Wheezy. Are there any doudoulinux customizations?

No, just it wasn't available at the time we developed version 2.0.
Anyway we would probably have needed to backport the package for
squeeze. No patch from our own.

> > python-editobj2
> > songwrite2
>
> At a quick glance python-editobj2 and songwrite2 seem to be in Debian
> already, but newer versions and under the names python-editobj and
> songwrite.

These are the older versions, really obsolete. I think I opened a bug
report about this, maybe 2 years ago. It seems these packages are
orphaned or close to be so.

> > system-tools
>
> Maybe doudoulinux-system-tools or doudoulinux-system-config are better
> names. It is a bit generic with system-tools.

Honestly I must confess I didn't spend much time on finding a good name!
Similarly as above, I believe it is generic enough to be
distro-independent but I didn't find a name that doesn't sound confusing
while really saying what it is… Any proposal welcome!

> > tbo
>
> Seems straight forward enough.

Yes, upstream author makes an Ubuntu package. This is then quite low
effort, although I can't tell about the quality of his packaging.

--
Cheers,
JM.