Re: lletters port to gtk2

El d�06/02/2006 a 07:31 Ben Armstrong escribi�

> Good stuff!  Hey, I thought upstream was dead.  So, are the two of you
> going to collaborate to bring this back to life?

Well, He answered my email and offered cvs access to me, so I can push
Debian changes, including this one.

> Pop on over to #tux4kids.  These issues aren't unique to lletters.  I
> think lletters would benefit form some input from other tux4kids
> developers, translators and artists.

oh good.

> Well ... kids probably won't see stdout/stderr anyway, as they'd be
> launching the app from the menu.  At least, I've seen warning messages
> for missing sounds here -- when do messages for missing images show up.
> Can you provide a test case?  Or did you mean sounds?

No, I mean this pop window when there's no image for an specific
letter, en users wont see it since they have at least one for each.
You can try LANG=es_XX and test with, you'll see a warning box for D,
K and some others. That one is what i meant.

> Yeah, it would be cleaner without these messages, though.  How about
> adding some command-line options?  For starters: --version, --help,
> --debug.  Turn on those messages only if --debug is specified.

I did add such parameters but not exactly for the case i mention before.

> I'll be trying it out some more with my kids.  This is great news.
> Lletters is unique among Debian packages, being one of the very few that
> are truly suitable for very young children.

Great, my nephew was testing it also :)

-Rudy

--
Rudy Godoy | 0x3433BD21 | http://stone-head.org               ,''`.