Re: service-wrapper-java 20 releases / 6 years behind

Hi tony,

Le 08/06/2022 à 21:55, tony mancill a écrit :
On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 11:12:24PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
Hello,

Le 05/06/2022 à 18:27, zzz a écrit :
This is a dependency of the i2p project that I work on.
If there's any maintainer available to bring it up-to-date,
I'd really appreciate it.

I gave it a try tonight, packaging version 3.5.50. I guess it is OK, the
main thing is probably that the src/bin/sh.script.in has been renamed to
src/bin/App.sh.in, and a file src/bin/App.shconf.in has been added
alongside. I felt like I could ignore it, do you have any opinion about it?

My packaging allows mpj and i2p to build successfully, so I guess I will
upload the package soon.
You can see my packaging work at [0].

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for the long overdue update!  I noticed the build failure on
s390x and volunteer to look into that if you would like.  (I recently
configured a local s390x QEMU environment for another project and so
have it ready to go.)

You're welcome!
Yes, there is a build failure on s390x, also on mipsel, and I think the one on sparc64 could also be solved. I think there is nothing grave here, it should be enough to add "wrapper_jvminfo.c wrapper_encoding.c wrapper_ulimit.c" at the end of the wrapper_SOURCE line in the Makefiles of these three architectures. I am making that guess because I met a similar problem when porting to mips64el yesterday.

I won't work on it right now; if you have some time to check in your QEMU environment, that would be helpful. Else I will try on the project s390x porterbox in a few days.

Regards,
tony

Best regards,

--