Re: RFS: libitext5-java (updated package)

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 09:05:52AM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
> Thanks for looking through the package. I'm still including
> /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/buildvars.mk in order to get a definition for
> $(DEB_SRCDIR) where I need to create a symlink during the build. I could
> copy this definition from the cdbs file, but it seems better to me to
> include it.

Well, I just made the experience that sometimes cdbs simply conflicts
with dh (I do not remember whether buildvars.mk is amongst those
conflicting parts) but if it is only because of the definition of
$(DEB_SRCDIR) you could probably use $(CURDIR) (which also resolves to
"." as well as $(DEB_SRCDIR) if I'm not totally wrong and miss the point
inside some Java helpers.  If this is the only reason I would replace
the cdbs stuff by $(CURDIR) (just tested the build) - but I definitely
respect your decision to stick with cdbs.  I just want to know that you
really mean what you wrote.

> As far as I can tell, we're still using debhelper (>= 7.0.50~) in
> control files, since we don't actually require version 8.

Fine for me if this is Java packaging group policy.

> I've increased the standards version to 3.9.2 as you suggest - I
> couldn't find any changes that affect this particular package.
>
> I've uploaded an updated version to mentors.debian.net.

Thanks.

> Thanks for your time looking at the package.

As I said - I have some real interest in this package.

BTW, now lintian claims:

W: libitext5-java-doc: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 3

and I think it should be noted somehow that the increase of
the Standards-Version did not neded any further change in the
packaging.  I use to write something like

  * Updated standards version to 3.9.2 (no changes needed)

Thanks for your quick response.  I promise I'll upload your next version
respecting the decision you have drawn.  There is no real need to
follow my arguing - I just wanted to give some points to think about.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de