Re: mpkg-j2sdk and Sun's license

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:50:00AM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Maybe I  did not understand the question  (this is not the  firt nor the
> last time ;-) ), but IMHO,  the question was two packages from on source
> (jdk) or  a jdk (from jdk  with jre) and  a jre (from the  'original jre
> distribution from Sun')?

No no, you are right. I suggest to keep close to the original
making one package from J2SDK and another one from J2RE.
I hope i don't missunderstand the "conflicts"-part. If they conflict
on "j2re" then it won't be possible to install both packages ?

> For the alternatives of javac (example):
>
>   Selection    Alternative
> *+    7        /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/javac
>       8        /usr/bin/gcj-wrapper-3.3

Looks good. If i install a J2RE a new selection-point should appear.

Greets
Michael