RE: Quitting debian-java

> I don't think finger pointing, even to Sun, will help at
> this point.  We just need to figure out a way to work
> around the problem.

Greetings,
	I run java on my Debian box (since I am firm in my resolve to use no other
Linux Distribution), and I follow the practice of downloading from blackdown
and dropping it into /usr/local.  Since Sun will not allow re-distribution,
I suggest to work in the same sort of process.
	IIRC, there have been other packages in Debian history that did not have
the actual external code (Netscape?), but relied on the user to either
download it, or the package fetched it upon installation.  I may be naive
(since I've never packaged anything Debian), but can it not be as simple as
this?

HTH

Brooks