Japanese Debian users joining irc.debian.org

Hi.

I am dictoss.
I am a member of the Japan of Debian community "Debian JP Project".

Until now, Debian users and developers in Japan have been using the irc.debian.or.jp
IRC server provided by the Debian JP Project to communicate via chat.
https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups/Debian-JP

However, a hardware failure occurred at irc.debian.or.jp last year in 2023,
and it has since become unusable.

While trying to restore the IRC server in the Debian JP Project,
an opinion came up that they wanted to integrate the IRC communication forum
into irc.debian.org.

Looking at the https://wiki.debian.org/IRC web page,
it seems that local communities in other countries are using IRC communication
by creating channels on irc.debian.org.

As a result of discussions at the Debian JP Project,
we would like to move the communication forum for Japanese Debian users and developers
using IRC to irc.debian.org.

When I looked into the channels to use on IRC,
I found out that the #debian-japanese channel already exists.

If we migrate to using #debian-japanese, we plan to use it as follows.

- We make it known that #debian-japanese to Debian users and developers in Japan,
  and want to use it as a place to ask questions about Japanese in Debian
  and exchange information about Debian in Japan.
  (I think most people probably use Japanese)

- The board members of the "Debian JP Project", which exchanges information
  on Debian-related trends in Japan, hold meetings approximately every other week,
  and we would like to hold these meetings under #debian-japanese on irc.debian.org.
  (The meeting will be held in Japanese)

If you agree, disagree, or have any opinions, please reply.

Regards
--
Norimitsu SUGIMOTO <dictoss@live.jp>