Re: Accessing the nakaguro glyph.

Le Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 11:58:51AM +0900, NOKUBI Takatsugu a écrit :
> At Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:54:25 +0900,
> Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I do not know if it is a keymap problem or an Anthy problem. I am not
> > able to access the nakaguro (・) glyph by simply pressing its key. I get
> > a slash bar instead, and it is impossible to turn it into a black
> > point. Therefore I have to input なかぐろ and press the space bar, which
> > is not very convenient.
>
> It is a little bit complex problem.
>
> According to a historical reason, presssing slash key and converting
> to nakaguro character is the de facto standard input way.

Hi,

As Anthy was not conforming to this de facto standard, I have opened a
minor bug on anthy: http://bugs.debian.org/397119 The maintainer kindly
accepted to ask the upstream author of anthy if he can add the nakaguro
to the list of glyphs accessible through the slash key.

> Almost OSes and computers couldn't input nakaguro directory.

Maybe that this gives an opportunity to Debian to do better than the
other OSes? I encountered this problem because I installed a linux
computer for a professionnal translator, who has a lot of western names
to type in katakana with the nakaguro as a separator. I am wondering how
frequently is the slash used in other contexts (I mean '/', not '/').

Do you think that it would be useful do advocate a transition from '/'
to '・' as the default glyph for the slash key in japanese input mode in
Linux? How disturbing would it be for experienced users? How helpful
would it be for new users?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy