Re: Japanese printing broken again

At Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:11:24 +0100,
Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> and now everything works OK! ありがとう! I can now print  Japanese
> pages (again).

You're welcome.

> You say it is a kochi-font problem. What do you mean exactly?
> Something wrong with the kochi fonts? Or with gs?

It is mainly with gs.

Kochi-font was found the birth problem (see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200310/msg00223.html),
and the package from 1.0.20030809-1 changed font structure:

  * From this version, package is based on new ttf-kochi substitute family.

Unfortunately this change causes PostScript parse bug of ghostscript.
I think this is not fault of kochi-font, but is fault of gs.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org