Re: vim6 + IM

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 08:16:09PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 12:48:27PM +0200, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > hi

[...]
> > Well, first of all is it possible?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I can easily display japanese characters via the
> > vim '+set encoding=euc-jp' <FILE> command, but
> > vim gives an error trying to set imak=S-space. Suspicious...
> >
> > somewhere I read that I need to start kterm with the -xim option but
> > this doesn't change the result.
>
> If kterm works with jvim then it will probably work with vim too.
>
> Try adding these Xresources
>
> Vim*international: True
> Vim*inputMethod: kinput2
> Vim*preeditType: OnTheSpot

yes! (やった) this did the trick
I also added KTerm*openIm:true to make kterm open kinput2 connection by
default.

I stil have a couple of problems with vim not properly recognizing
multibyte chars so deleting them needs a double BS keypress and not
being possible to enter vim commands while in IM mode. Anyway the latest
vim version (6.2) seems to have them fixed. Can anybody confirm?

thanks a lot
ありがとうございます :)

--
mattia