Re: iso-2022-jp in sylpheed

Hi,

From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <taw@users.sf.net>
Subject: Re: iso-2022-jp in sylpheed
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:05:16 +0100

> Or to be more exact Americans. Most of Europe uses something other
> than ISO-8895-1, and ASCII isn't used at all here.

Well, right.  Recently most of Europeans had to migrate from ISO-8859-1
to ISO-8859-15 because of introduction of Euro which reminded Europeans
about necessity of internationalization.  However, I sometimes feel that
European-language speakers (i.e., Europeans, Americans, and other
European-language-speaking countries residents), even people who are
working in i18n field, tend to drop east Asians which need large number of
characters.  However, east Asian people have been using such many characters
for several tens of years with computers, which proves that the recent
(or even ten-year-old) PCs have enough power to handle such many characters.

Sorry, this is just a grumble....

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/