Re: bind9 vserver

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 31.03.08 20:59, randall wrote:
>> did anybody ever managed to get bind9 up and running in a vserver setup
>> on etch?
>> i tried the suggested source build with:
>> --disable-linux-caps \
>> --disable-threads \
>> also building with --arch i386 on my 64 bit host did not help.
>>
>> but to no prevail whatsoever, i simply can not get it to start.
>>
>> my other options would be djbdns but then i seem to get a svscan
>> problem, and good old bind8 that does works like a charm but has
>> security concerns to consider as far as i heard.
>
> did you check logs or run in debug mode to see what does it say?

i guess i'm smart enough to do that, but on the other hand stupid enough
 to overlook the obvious ;)

here is what i did, i followed
http://linux-vserver.org/Problematic_Programs#Bind9_on_Debian_GNU.2FLinux_Woody_.283.0.29.2C_Sarge_.283.1.29.2C_Etch_.284.0.29

followed with a apt-get install -f to get the missing dependencies.

this ends up in a hating message on the terminal
Starting domain name service...: bind failed!

an /etc/init.d/bind9 restart would give
Stopping domain name service...: bindrndc: connect failed:
127.0.0.1#953: connection refused
 failed!
Starting domain name service...: bind failed!

according to syslog:
Mar 31 20:37:15 ns named[23843]: starting BIND 9.3.4 -u bind
Mar 31 20:37:15 ns named[23843]: loading configuration from
'/etc/bind/named.conf'

and here's probably the obvious:
how do you turn on the debug mode?