Re: postfix reload on ppp up and down

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 02:38:12PM +0500, Timur Irmatov wrote:
> I have two Debian Etch pppoe servers. One thing that bothers me is
> postfix reloading on each ppp interface connect/disconnect. There are
> /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/postfix and /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/postfix scripts that
> are shipped by postfix package.
>
> Of course, I can just delete these two files. Is there more correct
> way of disabling them? (some diverting, may be?)

edit them and add "exit 0" immediately after the #! line. that way you
don't have to re-fix them after every upgrade of the pppd package (the
up/down.d scripts are conffiles).

otherwise, they'll just be replaced next time you upgrade pppd.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)