Re: Masquerading the same IP network range with OpenVPN

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 12:52:27PM +0200, Victor Rodriguez Cortes wrote:

>I have quite experience using VPNs with OpenVPN. But I don't know how to
>handle this.
>
>My problem is than both sides of the vpn have the same subnet range:

you can't. well, if you set a static route on each client to use
the private IP of vpn device on the other end of the tunnel, and
probably a static route on each host at the other end of the vpn to
negotiate the tunnel before to get on the other switch. Under the best
of circumstances (if even possible) it would be more work to setup then
to change one of the networks.

An alternative might be to "add a network" to existing site. eg both
192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 at one location, configure that
vpn to use 192.168.1.0/24, and any hosts that require vpn must add a
192.168.1.0/24 ip alias to their interface. But I never tried that
either...

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org