Re: MySQL Replication problems

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 15:07 +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:

> [1] suggests you need REPLICATION CLIENT, but I vaugely recall you also
> need PROCESS.
>
> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/grant.html

Problem is solved.

It turns out to be utterly ridiculous. The *ORDER* of the fields in the
mysql database 'user' table was the deciding factor!

I did a mysqldump of the 'mysql' table, moved the two 'Repl' privileges
to after the Lock/Execute privs (i.e. to *exactly* the same format as
the working Replication server is using), dropped the mysql.user table
and restored.. then flush privileges, and flush hosts....

Suddenly when I executed 'slave start' and it all worked, and using ONLY
'Repl_slave_priv' set to Y.

AGH!

Cheers,
Gavin