Re: Courier or Cyrus

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> > UID limit hits at 65535.  So you can only get about 64k users created per
> > box, regardless of anything else.
> I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that as of kernel 2.6 this number
> is much higer - somewhere over a million.

I have a box using 30-bit UIDs under 2.4, without any issues.  There is *no*
UID->name mapping in use for the high UIDs though, so I do not know if that
would work right (we use the numeric UID).

> Thanks.  That's the worst part of designing this.  At the moment I'm working
> on how to build a multi-box system that can easily be expanded by just adding
> more boxes.  Much easier said than done.

That is actually very easy to do with Cyrus (!).  Just add another backend
box to a Cyrus murder cluster.

  Henrique Holschuh