recent apache updates

Good day,
I would like to know why, in the recent updates of sarge, apt-get installed
many packages related to caudium. I suppose it's caused by the dependency on
www server of some packages, but in all my boxes there was already apache2
or apache-ssl...
There is another fact. Anyone noticed if any third party libraries for php4
can't be loaded anymore in apache-ssl 1.3.33-10 while in previous release
all worked fine ? the error is with ioncube and phtmlenc libraries, both
with the error

Starting web server: apache-sslPHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load
dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/20020429-zts/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so'
/usr/lib/php4/20020429-zts/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: undefined symbol:
compiler_globals in Unknown on line 0

Any hints ?
(and before the customer loaded the libs from his own directory, without the
needing of any change in php.ini)

--

Bye Enrico - Windows gives you just a little piece of the horizon. Use Linux.

"You can't have filenames longer than 14 chars.
You can't even think about them!"
             -- Larry Wall in Configure from the perl distribution