Re: Limiting User Commands

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:14:16 +0000, Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org> wrote:
>   Lots of people have commented already, but I've not seen any
>  discussion on why you might want to do this.  What kind of bad
>  commands are you trying to prevent?
>
>   Most of the dangerous commands like fdisk, etc, will be handled
>  by the existing permissions setup.

For example, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, I might not want
normal users to be able to run ftp, telnet, ssh, wget, gcc, or any
other number of commands. I still want users to be able to run the
bulk of the commands available on the system, though. I might also
want to allow another set of users to be able to run the commands
unavailable to normal users.

In other words, I'd like to restrict normal users more than the
default permissions setup.

-Stephen Le