Re: Apologies from TrafficWoW

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 11:26:45AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> I believe that the above is a lie.
>
> They operate a web page (linked from the reference above) to check the
> subscription status of a domain.  The page in question tells me that no-one
> has subscribed to their lists from hotmail.com, msn.com, ibm.net, home.com,
> aol.com, zonnet.nl, and bigpond.com.au.  The idea that a company could run
> hundreds of thousands of adverts and never come in contact with anyone who
> uses any of those major mail servers (totalling >50M accounts and >20M
> people) is simply ridiculous.

Also, according to their web page, the domains:
    .uk
    .com
    .org
    .net
are not present on their mailing lists. (yes, I know that they are
top-level domains. But that's what they say!).

To be fair though, somebody may have removed (=emptied?) their mailing
lists before I queried on their web page...

Just my 2p...
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com