Re: ppp problem

> I am new to debian and I am having problem pinging outside my remote
> server when I dial-out. I've used the pppconfig
> to setup my dial-out. When I do an ifconfig ppp0 my ip addresses match
> but it says that Point -To-Point running NOARP MULTICAST. I can used
> my dial-out for Windows 2000 and my old FreeBSD box. My
> /etc/resolv.conf has my DNS addresses and my isp domain name. I cannot
> ping, for example, www.google.com, etc. If there is anything else that
> needs setting up or I have overlooked anything else let me know. Thanx

   Please don't post to the mailing list using HTML mail. Impossible to
read in all text mail clients. :-(

   Is your problem with name resolution or routing? Can you ping to an
outside ip but not to a name or do both ways give you problems?

Things to check:
  Are your routes correct after ppp comes up?
  Are your running a firewall? is it blocking packets?
  Can you ping your side of the ppp interface after it comes up?
  Can you ping your ISPs gateway?

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com