SSH and chroot()

Hi all,

I've written a small patch for F-Secure SSH version 1 (1.2.30) which adds
a chroot() to home directory option to SSH. Basically this works by
specifying GuestUser directives in /etc/sshd_config, listing which users
should be chroot()ed to their home.

I have informed the SSH mailing list, but I have had no response, so
I guess F-secure has abandoned SSH 1 and they are not adding new features
anyway. Having said that, I believe it is a useful and security-enhancing
feature (certainly in my case!).

The patch is at:

http://chris.ritc.co.uk/ssh.patch

comments would be appreciated =)

Cheers, Chris.
 / __// / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris@ritc.co.uk> | Phone: 01223 503 190 |
/ (_ / ,\/ _/ /_ \ | Tech Director - Caliday Project | RITC (Cambridge) Ltd |
\ _//_/_/_//_/___/ | Unix Systems & Network Engineer | Cambridge CB5 8LA UK |