Re: Suggestion for Mail Archiving Software

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, I. Forbes wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Has anybody get experience with and/or suggestions for mail
> archiving software.
>
> I want copies of all mail arriving at certain addresses (sales, info,
> abuse etc) to be fed into an archive.  Ideally it should have the
> following features:
>
> -   The archive should be accessible by a web or perhaps IMAP
>     interface.
>
> -   It should be rotated say once a month.
>
> -   The archive files themselves should be compressed.
>
> There are lots of mailing lists which get archived, so there should
> be a number of programs to choose from.
>
> Any suggestions?

You could do this with qmail. Qmail has a compile-time option to activate
such a feature. Further information is available in the qmail faq at
http://www.qmail.org

Regards
Torsten Krueger

--
Media Online Internet Services & Marketing GmbH
Torsten Krueger           torsten@nrw-online.de