Re: schein.debian.org

Hello,

Gerald Turner a écrit :

>   wget http://security.debian.org/dists/squeeze/updates/Release
> hangs, while:
>   wget http://security.debian.org/dists/squeeze/updates/Release.gpg
> succeeds.
>
> Running 'dig +trace security.debian.org AAAA' always returns the same address,
>   security.debian.org.  300  IN  AAAA  2001:4f8:8:36::6
> which is schein.debian.org.
[...]
> Only wget to http://security.debian.org/dists/squeeze/updates/Release
> seems to fail (other files fail as well, Packages.gz, Sources.gz, etc.).
>
> Can anyone else confirm or deny IPv6 security updates mirror at
> schein.debian.org is operational

It works for me.
Could it be an MTU/MSS/fragmentation issue ? Release is only 836 bytes
in size, which I believe can fit in one single packet. Other files such
as Release are bigger. Could you try again after lowering the MTU of the
interface (I use 1460) ? A packet capture may help too.

> (virtual host, security.debian.org, makes this a bit difficult to test)?

wget --header="Host: security.debian.org"
http://schein.debian.org/dists/squeeze/updates/Release