Re: defining static IPv6 addresses in /etc/network/interfaces

Pascal Hambourg  <pascal.mail@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

>Things have changed in "recent" kernels. Since 2.6.21,
>interface-specific parameters in net/ipv6/conf and net/ipv4/conf exist
>as soon as the interface is created, before it is up or an address is added.

I can confirm this for the 2.6.26 kernel that I'm running.

However, for some reason it still picks up the address from router
advertisements, even if I set autoconf and accept_ra both to 0 on the
interface from the pre-up line in my /etc/network/interfaces file using sysctl
as described earlier in this thread.

Fortunately, the default route is for the statically assigned address, so it
mostly works as intended, except for connections on the local network, which
go via the address obtained through router advertisements unless I manually
remove that address with an ip -6 addr del command.