To: "Josh Finlay" <montarotech@optusnet.com.au>
Cc: "ipv6 Debian" <debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: IPv6 DNS server and tspc client setting

Dear Josh :

Thanks for the info, but under what situtation I need
to do that?

In both cases, (leave it blank or not) I have to
configure my DNS server(bind9) to have PTR record for
reverse DNS .

Why I need to specify it in my tspc.conf ? There are
no gain to do that.

Any idea ?

K. M. Lau

--- Josh Finlay <montarotech@optusnet.com.au> 說:

In regards to your post on
debian-ipv6@lists.debian.org in regards to "IPv6 DNS
server and tspc client setting":

Incase you hadn't resolved your DNS issues with IPv6
Just allow me to clarify:

dns_server in your tspc.conf is only to specify a
dns server that will be used for reverse dns on your
IP block, this is not the server that your computer
will use to resolve hosts to their IPv6 address.

So if you plan to have your IPv6 addresses resolve
back to hostnames, then specify the dns server that
you have configured to do so (via PTR records in
bind9). Otherwise leave it blank. This will have no
effect on your ability to resolve hostnames that
have AAAA (IPv6) records assigned to it.

hope this helps.

Regards,
Josh Finlay

褩??洘 - Yahoo! Messenger
憩呾斕?衄奻鋒ㄛ斕腔攬衭゛褫眕隱狟?洘緻斕ㄛ?斕奻鋒?憩夔蕾撈艘善ㄛ¦睡挲?飲?軗囮﹝
http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk