Re: IPv6 routing problems

Craig Small was said to been seen saying:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 06:25:41AM -0700, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> > 	Still can't traceroute out from either Gateway 1 or Host 1 and
> > pings from Host 1 out to the 6Bone fail with destination unreachable
> > notices being sent back from Gateway 1... But it appears to be working...
> > Why it wasn't workin with the default route (::/0) I am not quite sure...
>
> Oh you had ::/0 on a router? yes that will not work.
> http://people.debian.org/~csmall/ipv6/setup.html (see Gotchas)
>
>   - Craig

	The kernel itself had add'd that default ::/0 route to the routing
table... I had read the ipv6/setup.html you had written but had also heard
that the 2000::/3 route was not need'd in the current incarnation of IPv6
specs... I believe Linux is the only OS that has to do this as it does not
do this on the *BSD machines at work...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse

--