Re: Rime configuration

Hi,

在 2023-08-18星期五的 11:53 +0200,Gunnar Hjalmarsson写道:
> Hi Boyuan!
>
> I see quite a few rime-* packages nowadays. :) Is there a reason to
> change im-config so it supports rime in the same manner as other
> frameworks? Or does rime work differently?

Individual rime packages only provides input method schemes, which are bare
data and schema files to be read by librime that cannot be used as standalone
input method. The input method frameworks (ibus, fcitx, fcitx5) will utilize
librime1 through their rime integration (ibus-rime, fcitx-rime, fcitx5-rime)
to read those schema files. As a result, I believe they should not appear as
standalone choices in the im-config framework.

These schema files were long present in the past (since 2012), but mostly
under a large https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/brise umbrella to generate
various librime-data-* binary packages. Currently I split all of them into
individual source packages to provide rime-data-* binary packages following
upstream shift in the preference of individual projects rather than a large
project containing all rime schemes.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang