Re: Application to join the team

On 2020-04-21 21:16, Boyuan Yang wrote:
I saw someone gave you the Developer role. Welcome to the team!

Thanks!

Since Developer role cannot create repos at this time, please feel
free to let me (or any other DD members in the team) know if you need
to create any packaging repo.

Actually I have a personal repo which I would like to transfer.

Last year I added the ibus-avro package to Debian and set up this repo:

https://salsa.debian.org/gunnarhj/ibus-avro

I thought the developer role would allow me to transfer it via Settings, but I can't, and now I know why.

So how would I go about it (assuming you agree it makes sense, of course)? Should I export my project and ask someone to import it to the team's namespace?

I'm also curious about what part of the IM packages your plan to
contribute.

I have no firm plans. I packaged ibus-avro, and just made an upload of ibus-unicode (with your help), so it seems I tend to focus on input methods for non-CJK scripts at the moment.

Btw, I think it would make sense to change the maintainer for those two packages to Debian Input Method Team. If you agree, would that be as simple as changing it in d/control? I'm currently the maintainer of ibus-avro, and I will talk with the ibus-unikey maintainer about it (have reasons to assume he will agree).

Otherwise time will tell. im-config is a package I'm well familiar with.

Feel free to let me know if there's any further actions needed from
my side.

I have the questions above, but nothing else right now.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj