[Pkg-ime-devel] [RFS][experimental] hime_0.9.9+git20120609.dfsg-1

Hi,

In line reply too :-)

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:28:53AM +0800, Yao Wei (???) wrote:
> Inline reply:
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Osamu Aoki <osamu at debian.org> wrote:
> > OK but 2 points:
> >
> > * If this is better than the one in unstable, why not uploading to
> > ?unstable since we have no more time left before release.
>
> What I am not feeling right is that it is not the stable release in HIME.
> However, it seems little codes are changed, and the most changes are
> the building scripts and tsin (a smart zhu-yin phonetics IME like
> chewing) vocabulary, and sounds reasonable to put into unstable.

I see.  It is not required to upload the latest to unstable.
I sometimes wait them stable enough before uploading.  It is your call.

> > * What is your thought on lintian warnings
> > ?Some warnings are nice to be fixed/
> > ? ?Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening and
> > ? ?http://bugs.debian.org/673112 for details.
> > ? ? ?W hardening-no-fortify-functions
> > ? ? ?W hardening-no-relro
>
> I am confused about this warning, and I am reading on the hardening part.
> (My lintian doesn't warn me about these.)

Are you using sid version like what I do via pbuilder.
See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/build.en.html#pbuilder

If you use debhelper build default, these are OK.  Since
dh_auto_configure passes dpkg-buildflags CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and LDFLAGS
to perl Makefile.PL and Build.PL

I am not sure but
GTK2VER = $(shell pkg-config --variable=gtk_binary_version gtk+-2.0)
GTK3VER = $(shell pkg-config --variable=gtk_binary_version gtk+-3.0)
These may be the cause of this problem.  I am learning this thing now.

Adding dpkg-buildflags to these may be the solution.

Anyway, this can wait a bit.  Not so critical.

> > ?Is the version number what you want to do?
> >  (omitted)
>
> Thank you. I was thinking it is not permitted to have double pluses in
> a version number.
> (And I hope it could get into Debian Policy. Orz)

What ever you decide after my comments, please give me pointer to the
package which needs sponsor.

Regards,

Osamu