Re: How to start a new po-files translation?

Quoting Ilyas Bakirov (just_ilyas@yahoo.com):
> Hi,
>
> Here is link for official documentation: http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n, look through doc and main section Chapter 3. The New Language Process: adding a new language to Debian Installer

Please notice that this is about adding a language to *Debian
Installer*. It is true that we often use this as a "first step" for
translators to enter the "Debian l10n world" (where documentation
is...ahem...sometimes shaky..:-))

I think that, for sure, starting by adding Bashkir to Debian Installer
would be a good first step and I'm of course ready to help the new
team to start this, by going through the New Language Process with
them.

We usually do this by private mail exchanges between one the D-I i18n
coordinators (there "are" exactly....one....person doing that work right
now...:-)). For instance, I'm currently reaching last steps for
Tibetan after about one week discussion with the person who contacted
me.

Once done, translators can start the work on translating D-I (funnily,
when they reached that step, some teams completely vanish...).