Re: loosing ~150 translated messages per language on the manual

Hi,

Miguel Figueiredo <elmig@debianpt.org> wrote:
> i just noticed that lots (~150?) of messages are marked as fuzzy on the
> installation manual due to a change from 'debian' to '&debian;'. If the word
> debian is worth being replaced for a variable with the same content i suggest:
>
> - leave it for the next release - or even better:
> - make the change and don't mark the messages as fuzzy. The result will be the
> same, right?

Noone from the d-i team objected to do this changing, so I volunteered
to do it. I'm on the way to change all other languages (not only english), too,
but that needs some more time (1-2 days).

Thus I wrote this in the svn log:
Change many occurences of 'Debian' into &debian;.

This run is in the english version, other languages will follow.

Thanks

PS: Please correct me, if I'm wrong: If we release today, the version
of d-i manual beeing in testing will get into Squeeze, not the svn version
you are seeing today. So, only if with this "150 fuzzy state" the manual
package would be uploaded to unstable now, you would get a such bad manual
in Squeeze.
But the manual was already uploaded some time ago in preparation for Squeeze
by our Frans, and he did a translation string freeze before and all that.
Not sure, if another upload before Squeeze-release will happen.

Holger

--

Created with Sylpheed 2.5.0