Re: Intent to NMU atlas3 to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

* Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2008-03-23 23:20]:

> Well, *please* don't encourage the maintainer to break templates
> without providing fixes to translations...or a chance to translators
> to fix their files, particularly on giant packages like atlas which
> take ages to compile on autobuilders.
>
> Applying the patch you provided in #472366 would break them. This case
> is one of the very few cases where fixing PO files with sed is
> perfectly OK.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I prepared a new patch [1] that also changes
the .po files accordingly.  Also, I have added the ja, es, and fi
translations, as well as updated the vi translation, which have been
reported against atlas3.  I tried to be careful by running debconf-updatepo
and also fixing POTFILES.in.  However, since I am not used with debconf
l10n, it would be great if you can review my patch.  Anyway, if you are
going to NMU anything, please consider doing it for atlas instead of atlas3.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;filename=atlas-debconf-templates-po.diff;att=1;bug=472366

Thanks for your great work on i18n and l10n in Debian, it is enormously
appreciated (in particular, for dealing with "naive" maintainers like me,
who tend to break things from time to time :-)

--
Rafael