Errors in DDTP

Hi Michael,

I noticed a few errors in the DDTP database which need to be fixed.

Since you told me that links similar to
  http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=8&getuntrans=de
should not be used (it's the little button after each language code in
http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=8 which provides a DDTP mail
template) I rewrote my code to parse HTML files such as
 http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=8&language=de

I could indeed verify that the HTML files are in sync with Translation-*
files (at least for German Sid translations except a few which where
probably edited by other people short time ago via webfrontend).

Since this is not true for approximately 5% of the &getuntrans files I
suggest to drop support for it until only current translations can be fetched
this way as well. Please remove the link to these files and do no longer support
&getuntrans in ddt.cgi.

Please note that I consider mail templates as very useful, as I do not need to
parse HTML code. But providing old translations is not OK.

Checking all Sid descriptions (except for packages starting with a digit, since
http://ddtp.debian.net/0-9.html doesn't exist, such as 3dchess, 6tunnel, 9menu,
9wm, 9base, 4digits, 4g8, 915resolution) I found the following packages which lie
about their active state:

affiche anjuta basket education-desktop-other expect expect-dev gbib
ghc-cvs-prof gkrellm-ibam ibam id3ren lcdproc libcompress-zlib-perl
libembperl-perl libmdbtools libproc-process-perl luasocket mdbtools nco
pyqt-tools python-apt python-imaging-sane python-imaging-tk qvwm scigraphica
swi-prolog swi-prolog-sgml swi-prolog-xpce uclibc-toolchain verilog
crystalspace gnu-smalltalk openofficeorg-evolution ipe epiphany-browser
epiphany-browser udev swi-prolog openofficeorg-evolution bonfire beagle obconf
openofficeorg-gnome openofficeorg-kde openofficeorg kitchensync mdbtools
asterisk openofficeorg-gnome openofficeorg-kde epiphany-browser openofficeorg
epiphany-browser ktorrent asterisk ipe obconf

Example:
According to http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?package=affiche
affiche has two descriptions in Sid: 28741 and 109. According to DDTP both are
currently active and used which is obviously wrong.

I checked only Sid. If you want I can also check testing (requires approx. 3 hours
as fetching many little files via web site is slow).

Another minor error: The package doc-linux-html-pt has a wrong encoding.
That's probably the fault of the package maintainer, right? I will write a
bug report ... Maybe you could extent your encoding checks also to English
package descriptions?

am-utils consists of three paragraphs. Nevertheless the German translation
contains only two: http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?desc_id=194&language=de
Such kind of errors could be found also automatically. The same is true for
translations containing data in the first column (which needs to be empty) as I
wrote you already in a private mail.

Jens