Re: Two more Aptitude enquiries

Thankyou very much, Christian, for replying so promptly and helpfully. :)

On 25/04/2005, at 5:21 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

src/load_grouppolicy.cc:177
"Dep-generating grouping policies take no arguments"

I'm at a bit of a loss for "dep". Depth? Departure? Some peculiar
abbreviation for Description?

Dependencies. Dependency handling is one of the best recognized
qualities of Debian packages and the whole dependency handling system
is a key feature of all software (such as aptitude) which deal with
package installation.

And I'd been translating strings about dependency up till then...

<dongs her head on the keyboard>

There have to be some broken dependencies in my head. :)

src/main.cc:68
"%s %s compiled at %s %s\n"

At a certain time? At a certain speed? Over a certain time? At a
certain place? The three "ats" here are not the same word or structure
in my language. :(

From the sources:

static void show_version()
{
  printf(_("%s %s compiled at %s %s\n"),
	   PACKAGE, VERSION, __DATE__, __TIME__);
#ifdef __GNUC__
  printf(_("Compiler: g++ %s\n"), __VERSION__);
#endif
#ifdef NCURSES_VERSION
  printf(_("\nNCurses version: %s\n"), NCURSES_VERSION);
#else
  printf(_("\nCurses version: %s\n"), curses_version());
#endif
  printf(_("libsigc++ version: %s\n"), SIGC_VERSION);
}

That's very handy, thanks. I probably don't have these packages on my OSX system, so it wouldn't do me much good to hunt up the source in another such case... unless I could grab it temporarily ... hmm.

First %s: software name
Second: software version
Third: Date of compilation
Fourth: Time of compilation

All of which I can now frame in that string. Thankyou.

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc