Re: Updated (unoffical) hurd packages/ ext2fs (>2GB) patch

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 01:51:08AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
>> Unfortunately, I found out that a couple of important files were missing
>> in these packages.
>
> I've rebuilt the packages and they are once again available at
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/

Nice!  Thanks a lot!

> As a bonus, they now try to run the Hurd console on startup. You still
> need to make /dev/tty[1-6] and /dev/vcs for that to work (and probably
> reboot), though. Adding the Hurd terminal description via 'tic -x
> hurd.ti' should not be necessary anymore. I'd like to know whether this
> works for others, of course.

This is really nice.  More testers of the Hurd console are needed.
I'd like to hear a lot of feedback about this. :)

Why isn't `tic -x hurd.ti' required anymore?  If you mean that it
works without doing that you might be right, but you will miss some
functionality or discover some weird behavior eventually.

Is it possible to make /dev/tty[1-6] and /dev/vcs with the same script
that creates all other devices?  That would be a really nice addition,
even when the console is not used by default.

Thanks,
Marco