List of things that are known no to work on Linux/PA

Perhaps this should be put into a Wiki or a FAQ:
(however it could be a pain to maintain it I guess).

Anyway, for whom it might be of interest here it is:

Things that are known to be broken or not yet supported
in the latest (2.6.12-rc6-pa1) linux/PA kernel:

- NTPL is not yet supported (being worked on)
- kernel low-latency/preempt is not yet supported
- 64bit userland is not yet supported
- SMP, expecially on 64bit kernels seems to be rather unstable
- on some machines heavy I/O can cause problems
- XFS used to/is still broken
- ide-cd causes HPMC on cd-rom access; use ide-scsi instead
- Using native XFree86 drivers may cause HPMC, try to use fbdev instead
- Using fbdev with XFree86 causes HPMC on 64bit kernels
- To use onboard sound on B/C/Jxxxx use the snd_ad1889 ALSA driver,
   with OSS Emulation (native ALSA interface seems to have problems)

Please correct me if something has changed recently; I guess some of the PA
kernel hackers (and also users) might want to add a few things to this list ;)

   Max

PS: sorry for cross-posting