Re: clisp build failure

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 12:04:02AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > The 33-1 build fails while running './lisp.run', did that get fixed in
> > the 33-2 build?
>
> I believe so - my test build on paer was OK, but was a slightly different
> configuration due to a missing build dep.

Isn't the definition of build-dep such that you shouldn't be able to
build without one of the listed packages? What packages were different
or missing?

> > Can I get the 33-2 source from somewhere to attempt my own build?
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/clisp/clisp_2.33.orig.tar.gz
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/clisp/clisp_2.33-2.diff.gz

Okie, they are already in the pool, I saw those yesterday, but didn't
wanted to check with you first.

Alright, I can get the build to the same place on my unstable system:

---
chmod +w config.lisp
echo '(setq *clhs-root-default* "http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/";)' >>
config.lisp
./lisp.run -B . -N locale -Efile UTF-8 -Eterminal UTF-8 -norc -m 750KW
-x "(and (load \"init.lisp\") (sys::%saveinitmem) (ext::exit))"

*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x4023fc60 not in
[0x19bbc000,0x19be75f8) !
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x4023fc60.
make[1]: *** [interpreted.mem] Segmentation fault
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/carlos/src/clisp/clisp-2.33/debian/build'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
---

    Name           Version        Description
ii  gcc            3.3.2-2        The GNU C compiler
ii  binutils       2.14.90.0.7-5  The GNU assembler, linker and binary utiliti
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-11   GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  debhelper      4.1.89         helper programs for debian/rules
ii  gettext        0.13.1-2       GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  bison          1.875a-1       A parser generator that is compatible with Y
ii  libncurses5-de 5.3.20030719-5 Developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
ii  groff          1.18.1-15      GNU troff text-formatting system
ii  xlibs-dev      4.3.0-5        X Window System client library development f
ii  libsigsegv-dev 2.1-1          Library for handling page faults in a portab
ii  libreadline4-d 4.3-10         GNU readline and history libraries, developm

I think this puts the blame back onto the clisp developers to try figure
out what's going wrong here. I mean I can help, but I don't know how
clisp works. I think that libsigsegv might be the first place to look.
Perhaps trying to get a testcase that fails on hppa? From there I can take
over and fix the issue from the testcase :)

c.