Re: impossible kernel upgrade

* Wichert Akkerman (wichert@wiggy.net) [020216 20:15]:

> I have a slight problem upgrading nessler: I can't upgrade libc6
> since it aborts stating the kernel is too old. But I can't compile
> or install a precompiled kernel since that requires installing
> some packages that require the new libc6.
>
> Does anyone have any tips on resolving this?

I fixed this on my 712 by grabbing

ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/32/32-2.4.17-pa11.tar.gz

uncompressing it into /boot, updating palo and rebooting.  After that
I was able to upgrade libc6 (plus the 20+ other packages that I was blocking
on for the same reason as you).

--
j.

...Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, and I
thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?