Re: HTCondor 23.4.0

Hi Tim,

Am Thu, May 02, 2024 at 04:25:28PM -0500 schrieb Tim Theisen:
> Congratulations on your new position in Debian.

Thank you.

> I was told many years ago that Ubuntu takes from Debian testing. I have no
> way to determine if that is a true statement. They may well take from
> unstable.

I admit I'm not very competent if it comes to Ubuntu.  I've read some
statements about forking from testing recently but this is in contrast to
my (admittedly) weak understanding that they fork from unstable which was
the case for at least one decade since Ubuntu has started.  I *personally*
would consider forking from testing while picking dedicated from unstable
selected packages the best strategy to craft a solid distribution.

> I have applied for Debian Maintainer status for condor. Please advocate for
> me:
>
>    https://nm.debian.org/process/1285/

Done.

> My apologies for adding to your workload.

You are welcome

     Andreas.

--
https://fam-tille.de