Re: update to stackage lts-19 (ghc 9.0)?

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 01:11:24PM -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> OK, so the answer then is - go upload "everything"?

Yes, the "best" way forward is to update the package plan to LTS-19,
patch/update all the non-stackage packages to be compatible with GHC 9,
`dht upgrade` everything that needs upgrading, bump the Debian revisions
of everything else, and then upload source packages of literally everything
except for ghc.

> For my own information - is there actually automated binNMUs and if so,
> where/how are they triggered?

"Full" automation was discussed a few times: one related thread[0].

Typically, a release team member copied and pasted wb commands from
https://people.debian.org/~nomeata/binNMUs-haskell.txt , which used to
be updated by a cronjob running binNMUs.hs .  If I was aware of a new
home for this, I have forgotten.

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-wb-team/2019/08/msg00041.html