Re: Small package or big dependencies?

Hi.

Il 03/08/2010 19:16, John MacFarlane ha scritto:
> That's excellent news.
> By the way, have you tried using 'git push' to update a gitit wiki
> repository?  I think that this won't work without tweaking on newer
> versions of git. See http://code.google.com/p/gitit/issues/detail?id=104

You're right, I can reproduce the bug. I think it's a behavior recently
introduced in git (and, personally, I think it's a good idea in the
general case; more than once editing an outdated working copy gave me
some headaches).

> This might be an issue for the debian package -- perhaps we need
> a fix upstream before you finalize?  Probably the fix needs to go
> into filestore (gitInit).  Let me know if you can reproduce the problem,
> and I can probably get the fix in soon.

I think it's better to fix it in filestore. It's enough to run this
command on the repository just after it has been created:

git config receive.denyCurrentBranch ignore

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy